Okay, this title may seem like a happy post, but I am warning you now, I have to think of happy thoughts before I throw my computer out the window. Scrolling through my followers blog posts, I came across a post that was made by Nicole, where she talks about Hayley‘s original post. She spoke about her pet hates of ICT. Her comprehensive list is as follows:
- When they don’t work – specifically USQs StudyDesk that crashes probably once a day. Get it together!
- When they change something that had no problems in the first place – also referring to USQs StudyDesk where they changed the Assignment submission/results system when EASE was perfect as is. The new system is crud and is one of the main reasons why StudyDesk is crashing!
- When you can’t work them out; When you change all the settings and press all the buttons you can think of but it just doesn’t work the way you want it to.
- When they overrule people’s lives and you can’t talk to someone without their face being stuck in their laptop/phone.
- How they very often just provide as a means for procrastinating and only starting an assignment 2 days before it’s due.
- Last, but most importantly, is that I HATE it when companies make ‘new’ or ‘upgraded’ technology when they haven’t even perfected it the first time.
Even though most of these are about USQ’s StudyDesk, I have definitely got things to add to this list, while refraining to comment about the StudyDesk!! These include, but are not limited to:
- When my device decide to shut down unexpectedly and the things you are working on DOES NOT save!!!! – Definite tears and tantrums.
- When the glare of the sun shines on my phone screen and I cannot see a thing – two things can happen here, either you accidently do something like send a very jiberish-ed text to a random, or you look like a complete crazy person with your face screwed up and your eyes squinting to try and read the words on your screen – #FirstWorldProblems #ITellYa
- When my laptop charger chooses the absolute best time to stop working mid-semester. So, I had no laptop, no charger and the resolution to this was a hefty $60 to actually buy a charger that fit my computer – apparently Samsung don’t manufacture laptops anymore….. Not to mention how many times I have had to buy another iPhone charger due to the cord breaking
- Finally, the depressing moment when I just finish updating my computer, only to have ten more updates waiting for me the very next day! Why so many updates? It is a definite time waster, and a procrastination booster. I always find myself saying, well my computer is updating, therefore it will have to restart, therefore I better not start my work until it has finished updating in two hours’ time.
So, this is my list of pet-peeves with ICT. Does anyone else have anything to add?? I am sure we can find 100 bullet points of ICT going wrong by the end of the semester. What do you think?
Meme Generator. (2014). Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows Everywhere [Image]. Retrieved March 3rd, 2014, from http://memegenerator.net/instance/34316861